About the Company
Our client is a high growth publicly traded technology company. They are currently looking for a Vice President of Finance. This role will manage external reporting, FP&A, treasury, operational accounting, and will be a part of the senior executive team and a thought leader in the business. This position will act as the CEO's right-hand person with respect to major business and financial decisions.
Why Work Here
- 100% remote
- Opportunity to build and lead a strong finance function
- CEO has a strong track record of building and growing successful companies
About the Opportunity
- Coordinating the preparation of annual and quarterly financial statements, managements' discussion and analysis, press releases; and Board of Directors and other external reporting.
- Overseeing quarterly reviews and the annual audit with external auditors.
- Developing an annual operating plan and financial budget that supports consolidated long-term strategy.
- Working with management to develop and report on key performance indicators to monitor and drive financial performance.
- Partnering with IT and business applications resources, creating, coordinating, and evaluating financial processes and controls and supporting information systems.
- Establishing continuous improvement directives focused on using Information Technology.
- Act as a business partner and thought leader to the CEO and management team
- Expanding financial reporting systems to create appropriate dashboard monitoring tools.
- Overseeing and monitoring financial position, banking and financing activities, and capital structure and monitoring compliance with banking and financial covenants and hedging arrangements, as applicable; Setting policies and procedures throughout the company for compliance, effective, and efficient accounting operations, and reporting.
- Coordinating the review, and liaising with the external auditors as required, of all financial information disclosed in any offering documents;
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive cash management and treasury function.
- Providing leadership and training to the finance team. This role will help to recruit, hire, and train a team as the business scales.
- Driving process automation and system adoption leveraging best-in-class accounting and financial solutions to integrate operations, improve efficiency, leverage data, provide visibility, and drive business outcomes while laying the groundwork for scalability and well-managed growth
- 8-12 years of progressive finance and accounting experience
- IFRS and ASPE experience
- Knowledge and experience with implementing and enhancing financial and accounting systems, processes, tools, and control systems
$150,000 to $175,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #337186.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.