About the Company
Our client is a leading provider of accessibility devices around the globe. They are currently looking for a VP, Finance & Group Services to oversee various departments such as I.T., HR, and production. The role has a big focus on leading leaders and on utilizing technology and systems to drive efficiencies throughout the business.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- In its industry, the company is a global leader and absolutely the #1 player in the Canadian market
- Excellent people and culture within the company, with low turnover and a strong team in place.
- Very broad role with an excellent boss
About the Opportunity
- Coordinate with functional leaders at HQ to define the priorities in line with the global direction
- Establish annual budgetary and operations objectives and ensure effective monitoring, performance, and control of these objectives, working closely with the Canadian Leadership Team
- Coordinate the financial reporting of sales and products for multiple brand divisions
- Provide analysis and explanation of financial plans and budgets and play a pivotal role in monitoring organizational progress.
- Develop relationships and provide support to key leadership executives on a broad range of operational, strategic, and tactical issues impacting company revenue and profitability
- Provide strategic counsel to the Business Area Leaders regarding all matters related to finance, HR, IT and Operations
- Analyze the workforce and define short and midterm plans on staff, skill, systems and vendor support models to define most efficient and cost-effective support to the business.
- Enhance department by implementing a strategic vision for Finance and builds standards, discipline and rigour and instills a metrics-based culture
- Effective coaching, management and development of teams while assessing skills and capabilities inherent for today’s tasks but also for the future.
- Create a positive work environment that maximizes individual and team performance by setting expectations, holding individuals accountable to KPI’s, providing training/guidance/coaching to develop team members' capabilities
- Customer relationship building and maintenance which may require some travel to customers and potential customers’ facilities to secure and/or maintain business and solid working relationships
- Consult and support the pricing of products
- Lead the finance team to execute regular financial reporting of the Company’s financial situation on an ad hoc and monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Manage month-end, quarterly end, and year-end close activities
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and the Company’s financial policies and procedures
- A CPA Designation
- Experience leading multiple functions (HR, IT, etc)
- Experience in relevant sectors such as wholesale businesses (B2B), medical devices, CPG, and tangible goods (multi-brand)
- Experience managing teams of 10+ people, with strong leadership and presentation skills
- Experience in a matrix organization is an asset
$190,000 - $210,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29524.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.