About the Company
Our client is an investment advice company. They are looking for a VP Finance who will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial operation, reporting and planning and the company’s subsidiary businesses, as well as overseeing centralized accounts payable function in Canada. As a key member of the finance management team, the incumbent will work closely with department heads to provide financial insights and analysis to support critical business decisions and strategic initiatives. In addition, the incumbent will lead the modernization of the account payable and accounting functions through the effective utilization of technology and process re-design.
Why Work Here
- Great growth opportunities
- The company is growing fast as a business
About the Opportunity
Financial Operations, Reporting and Planning:
- Oversee financial and management reporting processes and controls, including the production of key business and financial metrics
- Oversee statutory and regulatory reporting requirements, ensuring ongoing financial compliance with IFRS, SOX and OSC.
- Oversee centralized accounts payable team, ensuring accurate and timely processing of payments for a large and complex global organization
- Oversee all internal and external audits and manage relationship with key stakeholders
- Oversee financial forecasting and budgeting process, including liaising with business department heads to develop dynamic and internally consistent financial forecast assumptions
- Oversee banking administration and act as key relationship manager with the bank
- Oversee cash flow and regulatory capital requirements
- Keep abreast of asset management market developments, products, and the competitive environment
Innovation and Strategy:
- Identify, define, and oversee process improvement opportunities over financial operations
- Act as a trusted advisor and critical business partner, advising executive leadership on strategic business decisions and financial opportunities to support the company’s growth.
Leadership and Team Development:
- Promote a culture of inclusion, high performance, and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to the accounting and finance team and support the ongoing development of team members
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA CA, CPA CMA) with minimum 8-10 years post-designation experience
- Prior experience in asset management sector
- Strong background in IFRS and managing financial operation processes
$150,000 to $170,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 344075.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.