About the Company
Our client is a leading high-end furniture retailer, manufacturer and distributor. They are currently looking for a VP of Finance to lead and develop the Corporate Finance function of the firm.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Fast-paced, collaborative environment and workplace
- Company is very supportive of professional development.
About the Opportunity
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies, records, and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets
- Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management
- Work with other team members to understand performance drivers and define appropriate reports
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Managing cash flow to ensure business objectives are met
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Oversees annual audits and provides information to external auditors
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with financial institutions
- Lead company IT strategy to implement new systems and tools in partnership with key stakeholders and consultants
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, provincial, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes
- Ensuring company compliance with federal, provincial, state, and local legal requirements
- Work with consultants to assist owners with personal tax and financial planning
- Controller and above (7-10 years of experience)
- Open to industry, preference for smaller companies under $100M revenue
- Strong people management experience
- Corporate Tax exposure is nice to have
$140,000 - $160,000/year dependent on candidate experience.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29798.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.