About the Company
Our client is a high performance accreditation organization. This fast-paced, dynamic and complex company is looking for a VP Finance as the company continues to grow and expand. They are a professional and friendly environment that can offer career fulfillment along with a competitive compensation package.
Why Work Here
- Fast paced environment - does not have the typical "non-profit" environment
- Professional and friendly
- Flexible working hours, and good work life balance
About the Opportunity
- Provide strategic leadership, direction and service delivery excellence for the finance functions and services of accounting, budgeting, payroll, procurement, finance reporting and audit.
- Lead a team of approximately 20 (3 direct reports, 17 indirect reports)
- Oversee implementation and management of internal controls and mechanisms to ensure safeguarding assets
- Oversee the delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, internal and external reporting packages to the Executive Team, Financial & Audit Committee (FAC), Council, and Annual Meeting, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- Oversee year-end audit, review and finalize audited financial statements and all other customer and government audits
- Oversee the annual financial planning, forecast, and budget, high-level assumptions preparation process
- Effective oversight over treasury and cash management, including ensuring appropriate liquidity to meet capital obligations
- Oversee corporate tax returns and information returns
- Direct the planning, design, development, implementation and evaluation of finance projects across the organization to support the business requirements and strategic objectives
- Support new systems or project selections and implementation from a strategic finance and internal control perspective
- Manage and authorize procurement activities, including managing assets, contract review, negotiating terms and conditions with vendors
- CPA, CA
- Experience with automation/IT/process improvement
- Strong and seasoned, transformational finance executive who will have gained experience from roles with deep financial controllership, planning/budgeting and treasury (cash management) responsibilities
$210,000 - $240,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28732.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.