About the Company
Our client is a publicly traded technology company located in Downtown Toronto. They are looking for a VP, Accounting to join their Finance team.
Why Work Here
- Friendly and inclusive culture
- Flexible Work hours
- Collaborative environment with low turnover
About the Opportunity
- Accounting, Cashflow and Tax
- Responsible to oversee the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accrual, reconciliation, reporting and close process
- Manage cashflow, including working capital management and oversee the treasury function (debt management of the revolver)
- Assist with the period end reporting package including Financial Statements, MD&A and Board material
- Support Controller with various accounting activities and special projects, including workflow, process and NI 52-109 improvements, testing and requirements
- Oversee transfer pricing activity and provide input for monthly tax provisions
- Assist with Valuations , Integration of M&A by the Company
- Leadership & People Management
- Hire / Develop and Coach Finance & Accounting staff
- Leading and mentoring the accounting and reporting team
- Supporting the Senior Leadership Team and Operations as required
- Audit & Internal Controls
- Accountable for continuously assessing risks relating to financial reporting and ensuring the appropriate internal controls are implemented to mitigate key risk areas and are regularly monitored for effectiveness
- Process Improvement
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, dashboards, and recommendations of actions for optimization
- Minimum 8-10 years experience
- 3 to 5 years of related accounting and management experience
- Experience in IFRS
- Industry experience with Media/Technology is an asset!
$160,000 - $200,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #318774.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.