About the Company
Our client is a leading developer of solar energy projects. They are currently looking for a Vice President, Corporate Reporting & Global Accounting, to provide executive leadership, manage the company's financial functions, and direct the day-to-day financial management of the company.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Very entrepreneurial and fast-paced culture
- Right-hand to the CEO and will have a direct influence on the strategic direction of the company
- Lots of exposure to properties and investors around the world
- Work-hard, play-hard environment; Company celebrates their success together
About the Opportunity
- Overseeing the company’s financial reporting, regulatory requirements and tax reporting
- Ensuring the accounting and accounts payable teams are appropriately staffed and responsibilities adequately assigned
- Responsibility for the development of and timely and accurate reporting of the financial statements and supplementary reports
- Ensuring an efficient and timely monthly and quarterly close process including preparation and review of quarterly documentation, package for corporate reporting
- Responsibility for the development, implementation and compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Leading the review of business transactions and identify appropriate accounting treatment
- Ensuring the timely completion, review and documentation of all monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Work in sync with company’s global Operations team on monthly and quarterly reporting to the executive management
- Oversee cash reporting and cash forecasting globally (review in detail disbursements in cash forecasts comparing to actuals)
- Responsibility for the accounts payable and cash disbursement process. Ensure optimization of all payable-related KPIs
- Fully responsible for the completion and success of the external audit process and quarterly reviews
- Fully engage with other functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development and reporting
- Participate in M&A activity related to the due diligence requirements and then lead the Accounting team in the integration activities after any M&A activity
- Strong and polished personality, with ability to work with C-Suite executives
- Experience as a CFO (preferred) or being second in command
- Experience in industries such as Renewables, Energy, Real Estate, Construction, and Infrastructure
- Global operations experience
- Experience with companies scaling $100M+ in revenue
- M&A, IPO or Private Fir, experience is a strong asset
$200,000 - $240,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29953.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.