The UX designer will shape the experiences created through our products in a highly agile, fast-paced environment. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary team members and stakeholders to analyze, design, and convey solutions that inspire, engage, and excite users. A natural problem solver, communicator, and facilitator, you will be involved in every step of the process from idea generation to implementation. You have a knack for making complex technology simple to learn and use.
About the Opportunity
- Be the interaction design subject-matter expert for the product
- Provide expert UX advice and guidance to cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Understand user interface patterns and behaviours, and use that understanding to drive user comprehension, and improve task performance
- Create low-fidelity sketches/wireframes/prototypes to explore, communicate, and validate ideas
- Create high-fidelity prototypes to provide delivery specifications for development
- Present interaction design work to more senior stakeholders
- Facilitate ideation sessions, collaborative UX work activities, and usability testing
- Develop prototypes for use as visionary product demos for external audiences
- Develop and manage product-embedded user onboarding walkthroughs, guides, tutorials
- Contribute to and support the development of on-line help content and self-help resources
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Portfolio that includes application design samples
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing usable interfaces across multiple channels and platforms
- Experience in an applied research setting including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Demonstrated ability to articulate design strategy, rational and logic; describing benefits and highlighting risks associated with design decisions
- Demonstrated expertise with design/prototyping tools such as Figma (preferred), or Sketch and InVision
- Experience developing embedded product onboarding/guidance capabilities using Pendo (or similar)
- MA/MS degree or certification in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field
- Appreciation for the potential of 'design thinking'
$75,000 - $105,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28463.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.