About the Company
Our client is a developer and owner of utility-scale solar energy. Our client provides a competitive compensation plan with benefits, and plenty of opportunity for professional development. This company is well-positioned for success and is a great opportunity to grow professionally. They are looking to hire a Payroll and Compliance Administrator to join their team.
About the Opportunity
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate processing and entry of the group Canadian and US payroll transactions in Ceridian in accordance with the Company’s internal controls policies, and procedures
- Ensure earnings, withholdings, deductions, and similar items associated with pay are calculated accurately and implemented properly
- Reconcile monthly, quarterly and annual payroll general ledger accounts, payroll data and other information
- Ensure that T4’s, Records of employment and other statutory reports are prepared accurately, according to legislation and in a timely manner
- Responsible for preparing, reconciling, and validating the Company’s accounting for employee benefits accruals
- Responsible for maintenance of benefit plan election and file approvals
- Review, update, create and implement payroll, commission, benefit accounting controls, policies, and procedures
- Apply payroll best practices to ensure effective utilization of the Ceridian and other platform and work with management to improve existing policies, make suggestions for and implement changes
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the company’s human resource functions and related administrative duties
- Handle and provide support for various HR employee programs within the company
- Ensuring planning, monitoring and appraisal of employee work results
- Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation is an asset
- 5+ years of payroll processing and compliance reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of Ceridian Powerpay and related platform services
- Bookkeeping, accounting and HR experience an asset
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and takes ownership/accountability over work
$55,000 - $60,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24607.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.