About the Company
- Relay Medical Corp. is a HealthTech innovation Company focused on the development of novel technologies in the diagnostics and AI data science sectors. The expected future growth in our group will provide excellent career upside
- Relay is in search of a senior accountant to help with all financial and accounting activities, and to assist with human resources. The successful candidate will be responsible for financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. This is a great opportunity for a hands-on entrepreneurial professional looking to play an important role with a young and dynamic team and is comfortable working directly with all levels of management.
About the Opportunity
- Maintains and updates the Ontario excess interest database and prepares cheque requisitions for refunds
- Maintains and updates the T5 database
- Prepares monthly trust, annuity, bank and general ledger reconciliations and worksheets. Posts and verifies entries in the system and investigates discrepancies
- Requests from trustees, withdrawal of trusted funds based on provincial guidelines, sends and reviews required documents, receives funds and applies credits to customer accounts
- Maintains and updates a GST database for refunds on cemetery pre-need contracts
- Receives and responds to inquiries from cemetery and funeral branch personnel regarding cancellations and repurchases and calculates interest to be refunded, following provincial legislation and Company policies
- Consolidates monthly collections, removals and new sales reports for all provinces
- Maintains and updates trial balances for all perpetual care and pre-need trust funds
- Other duties as required
- Completion of a college diploma or equivalent in accounting
- 1+ years related accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Good oral and written communication skills with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer skills including experience with Excel and an accounting software package
- Demonstrated analytical, mathematical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to partner with all levels of the organization
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29011.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.