About the Company
Under the supervision of the SIO and following generally accepted accounting principles, Company policies and procedures, and provincial regulations and legislation, the Trust Accountant maintains and reconciles accounting ledgers, statements and accounts, calculates interest and refunds, communicates with Arbor colleagues, provides support for audits and assists with reporting.
About the Opportunity
- Contributes to the Investment Operation Department’s ability to meet strategic, financial and business objectives
- Provides outstanding internal service to branch and Home Office staff and exemplifies the Company’s values of Compassion, Integrity, Trust, Teamwork and Excellence
- Reconciles accounts, ledgers, statements and worksheets. Posts and verifies entries in the system and investigates and clears discrepancies
- Responds to inquiries from cemetery and funeral branch personnel regarding
- cancellations, repurchases, interest and other matters
- Completes Ontario excess interest and refund calculations
- Provides support for internal, external and regulatory audits
- Prepares and assists with reports and schedules, including annual regulatory reports
- Other duties as required.
- 3+ years related accounting/bookkeeping experience with an understanding of double accounting
- Completion of a college diploma or equivalent in accounting.
- Strong Excel skills (understanding of Vlookups)
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy
- Experience working in structured environment and professional setting
- Demonstrated judgment, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate computer skills, vast knowledge of MS Office software and work experience with an accounting package
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills with the ability to partner at all levels of the organization
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30075.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.