The Treasury Operations is responsible for bank account positioning and cash flow forecasting functions. The responsibilities include gathering information on expected transactions from multiple sources, analyzing the cash flow implications of various transactions to the bank accounts participating in liquidity pool structures, and executing required cash transfers to ensure that the bank accounts’ end of day balances comply with the target balances. The team also provides timely information to money market traders. In addition, the Treasury Operations generates cash flow forecasting which estimates the cash levels up to ninety (90) days.
The Treasury Analyst will support the short-term cash forecasting and reporting of funds available for investment or required funding for disbursements. This includes the forecasting and positioning of North American operational and custodial bank accounts participating in various Liquidity Pooling Structures. In addition, part of the forecasting process is to analyze and determine the root cause of the issue(s) affecting the input data that is processed through MS Access and Macros and implement necessary fix by applying Access, macros and visual basics programming knowledge.
Reporting to the Manager, Cash Management the Treasury Analyst must work closely with various treasury and investment teams to ensure successful implementation and completion of ad hoc tasks, support various projects, and process improvement initiatives.
Finally, the Treasury Analyst will support the implementation of a new Treasury Management System.
About the Opportunity
Responsible for daily reporting and analysis including:
- Regularly monitoring residual operational cash account balances after positioning activity
- Determine root cause of residual balances
- Work with other teams and external business units to correct systemic issues through process changes.
- Identify cash flow trends and adjust forecasting model accordingly
- Preparation of cash forecast
- Back up for the cash desk for daily cash forecasting and positioning activities as required which includes:
- Troubleshooting issues with capturing the complete raw data, by reading and/or writing Access, Macros and visual basics
- Monitoring daily cash requirements (forecasted, unplanned) and ensuring operational and custodial requirements are fulfilled in a timely basis
- Calculate the amount available to be invested in and/or funding requirements from the Pools
- Liaise with and communicate information to money market traders for investment
- Ensure accurate and complete information related to required wire transfers connected to above positioning activity is provided to areas responsible for executing wire transfers in a timely manner
Support the development of cash forecasting model:
- Documenting the current and target end to end process
- Creating reports to measure performance against defined metrics
- Documenting procedures
- Training and communication on procedural changes
- Assisting with changes required to upstream or downstream systems and processes
- Post-secondary education in a financial or accounting discipline and/or a minimum five years of progressive work experience in a related field
- Understands the concepts and best practices underlying cash forecasting and positioning, preferably including Liquidity Pooling and investment portfolio structure
- Able to translate large volumes of data into meaningful information
- Superior aptitude for MS Office applications, including MS Access and Visual Basic
- Experience with Business Process Analysis and documentation
- Experience with treasury management systems and external banking systems
- Experience with system implementation from start to finish would be an asset
$30 - $32/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24390.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.