The Treasury Financial Analyst acts as a key member within the Financial Services team. This is a hands-on role for an experienced treasury professional to manage the day-to-day treasury functions including cash management, short and long-term cash flow forecasting, account reconciliations, the preparation and analysis of monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting.
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for the day-to-day internal treasury management, in particular, cash forecasting and liquidity requirements
- Responsible for ensuring role-specific financial records are complete (i.e. journals posted), accurate and processed within the close schedule timelines
- Monitors and evaluates cash balances and makes recommendations of short/long term borrowing/investing strategies
- Standard daily activities include outgoing wires, stop payments, bank-to-bank transfers, download bank transactions to facilitate system interfaces, etc.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts, including general ledger to sub ledger
- Working with respective stakeholders to suggest and implement process change to improve accuracy, efficiency and completeness
- Contribute to system upgrades and patch installations by assisting in developing test objectives, assessing test results and testing new transaction streams
- Contribute to system enhancements or changes and development of standard operating procedures
- University Undergraduate Degree in Business/Accounting/Commerce
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) in good standing or in later stages of obtaining
- Working knowledge of bank related documentation, banking portals, forecasting models, and payment processing methods (wires, ACH, cheques)
- Computer software proficiency in Excel, Access, Tableau, Infor and has an aptitude for learning new software applications
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28472.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.