ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED TECHNICAL WRITER LOOKING TO WORK AT ONE OF CANADA’S PREMIER HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION? Our client’s focus is to improve the patient experience, improve the health of populations, and unlock value for the health care system. They are actively pursuing a Technical Writer for a 6 month contract.
Technical Writer - 6 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
Are you interested in working as a Technical Writer? This position requires someone who is passionate about their work, able to multi-task and is a self-starter. This role would be located out of our client’s head office in downtown Toronto. Requirements are as follows:
- Writes and edits a variety of technical documents in support of business unit and corporate goals
- Plans, develops, organizes, writes and edits operational procedures and manuals
- Writes and/or revises technical pieces of RFPs being issued
- Authors development guidelines in a professional manner to be consumable by external partners
- Manages multiple versions of documentation to be consumed by varying partner types
- Liaises with internal clients to ensure that their requirements are understood and their needs are being met
- Champions our clients brand guidelines and ensures all of our clients collateral meets our clients standards and style guides
- Copy edits documents and performs other quality assurance functions such as formatting documents
- Manages deliverables through the review and approvals process to ensure they meet deadlines
- Juggles multiple priorities and has the ability to multitask
- Ensures that deliverables are completed on time by contributing to and maintaining the communications activities calendar
- Contributes to a positive team culture by actively participating in team meetings and other activities
- 5+ years of experience working as technical writer, including complex documentation
- Demonstrated experience consulting with content owners and managing deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent editing and formatting skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Adobe and SharePoint
- Strong research skills and the ability to learn
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #22855.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.