About the Opportunity
- Provide customer and market intelligence to strategic business units through the collection, integration, analysis and interpretation of business/industry data.
- Perform data analysis, and determine trends to support strategic decision making and forecasting in support of the development and monitoring of market and engagement planning activities.
- Leverage data to study customer behaviors and lifecycles and interpret findings for meaningful decision making
- Enhance delivery of business insights via evaluation and acquisition of new sources of data to supplement internal data
- Develops the Corporate Scorecard, and Transfer Payment Agreement (TPA) Scorecard capturing key insights against various metrics to present findings to senior management
- Employ predictive analytic techniques to support efficient targeted approach to business planning
- Build data models to define customer retention rates and gain customer insights (purchasing patterns etc.) to increase customer base
- Conduct deep-dive data analysis to support target setting exercises related to organizational internal and external performance indicators
- Understand program evaluation techniques and provide analytical support to outcome measurement processes
- Analyze data using SQL, Power BI/Tableau from databases to support optimization and improvement of business strategies
- Serve as a subject matter expert on analytics and reporting, utilizing business intelligence and reporting tools for business insights and provide recommendation to stakeholders
- Support enhancements and process improvements related to data collection, validation, and conversion to optimize the production and delivery of analysis and information
- Use a variety of analytical approaches, quantitative and qualitative, for performance measurement reporting, and to enhance organizational strategies and plans
- Translate business analysis findings into actionable insights and recommendations, and clearly communicate the findings through reports and presentations
- Monitor key metrics performance and provide recommendation to senior management related to risks associated with any short falls
- Document future data capture and reporting requirements to advance business analytics for the organization, including inputs into dashboards and standard report development
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to act as communication tools in organizational reporting, communications, development activities and planning
- Defining and recommending system enhancements, reporting framework design and data requirements to support new and existing requirements
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand their data needs and facilitate reporting
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders to socialize issues, develop strategies, drive the case for change and implement solutions
- Identify gaps and recommend solutions as part of continuous process improvement
- Conduct quarterly activities related to Transfer Payment Agreement (TPA) reporting. Liaise with staff to gather/validate/process information on different organizational metrics for Government reporting purposes
- Complete monthly project reporting
- Provide data related support to finance department during external audits
- Respond to ad hoc requests for analysis, data and reports
- University degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business or relevant field
- 5+ years of business analytics experience
- Data-driven mindset with demonstrated experience in data modeling, predictive analytics, gathering/communicating requirements, financial modelling and KPI reporting
- Experience using Data Modeling and Visualization tools such as Power BI/Tableau
- Experience working with large multi-dimensional data sets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated experience in developing reports with actionable insight and recommendations
- Competent in using Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook programs as well as research/statistical databases
- Querying databases using SQL
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with staff at all organizational levels.
- Project management skills, with the ability to lead multiple projects and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 283530.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.