About the Company
Our client is a leading company in the financial services industry, specializing in reinsurance. They are currently looking for a Technical Accounting Manager to ensure the timely and accurate execution of all technical accounting activities, including journal entries and reconciliations, for all lines of business, with all regulations and guidelines associated with the reinsurance industry.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Defined contribution pension plan, generous PTO, and a spending account
- Team is a very collaborative and social group (brand new, open concept offices)
- Large focus on training and development and will support relevant courses
- Very regular interactions with senior executives, highly visible role
- Hard work is rewarded and celebrated, great tenure on the teams
About the Opportunity
- Prepare and/or review technical Journal entries and reconciliations for appropriate accounting, evidence and understanding of all supporting evidence against stated policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all aspects of technical accounting are complete, accurate, exist and are properly disclosed for various areas
- Ensure that all technical accounting is accounted for and properly reflected throughout the financial system landscape
- Variance analysis and reporting of all technical accounting positions by line of business, account, client, etc.
- Support all control and compliance for all technical accounting processes.
- Participate in technical accounting-related projects such as IFRS 17, P3 stabilization efforts, etc.
- CPA Designation
- Experience within the Financial Services industry
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS principles
- Experience within the Insurance or Reinsurance industry is a strong asset
- Oracle and SAP ERP experience is a strong asset
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29365.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.