About the Company
Our client is a leading payment processor and provider of cloud-based invoice-to-cash solutions. They are currently seeking a Lead, Technical Accounting, to provide oversight on revenue recognition and adoption of various lease accounting regulations.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Fast-growing company and exciting business to be a part of in the FinTech space
- The business has been thriving through the current economic situation
- Company was recently acquired by a larger US-based parent company, hence many new and exciting opportunities from the merger
About the Opportunity
- Oversee and manage all technical accounting matters under U.S. GAAP including preparing technical accounting memos and all underlying supporting schedules and calculations for proper accounting treatment
- Review complex revenue contracts for appropriate revenue recognition
- Advise on billings and revenue recognition impact as it relates to new product offerings and new sales or channel programs
- Research, evaluate and manage the implementation of new accounting standards as required – upcoming ASC 842
- Responsible for the compilation of financial statements and footnotes
- Serve as an audit liaison – develop and implement processes and controls over financial reporting
- Support day-to-day accounting and period-end close activities – review period-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations
- Review and analyze revenue/backlog and gross margin
- Deep dive into the operating results and various financial information to assist in making value-added business decisions
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process
- Support Director of Revenue Ops with a multitude of various accounting activities and special projects, including workflow process improvements
- CPA Designation
- 4-6 years of total experience (in SFA role or above)
- Experience with IFRS/US GAAP (Revenue Recognition) - IFRS 15 or ASC 606
- Experience in the FinTech or Technology/Start-up industries is a strong asset
Highly competitive and dependant on candidate experience.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29632.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.