About the Opportunity
- Assist VP Tax with management of the Policyholder Tax and Compliance team, in order to support day to day and year-end policyholder taxation and compliance reporting processes
- Oversight of external vendor who is responsible for all internal and external processes related to year-end policyholder taxation and compliance reporting
- Management of policyholder CRA and RQ withholding tax (source deduction) business accounts, including dealing with CRA and RQ
- Assist VP Tax with providing knowledge support to Operations and related business areas, including Product, in matters related to the relevant sections of the ITA and Federal and Provincial regulations
- Responsible for collaboratively researching, analyzing and oversight relating to policyholder taxation processes implementation, procedures and matters related to the client’s product offering
- Assist VP Tax with providing knowledge support to Operations and related business areas for matters related to policyholder compliance, including AML, CRS, FATCA, Privacy, Unclaimed Property
- Oversee the vendor relationship and addressing any issues
- CPA designation
- 5+ years of tax experience
- Big 4 firm Manager or Senior Manager level or industry experience (ideally from Insurance sector)
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28106.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.