About the Company
Our client is a financial services company. They are looking for a Tax Manager who will be responsible for the preparation of tax returns, quarterly/year-end provision, compliance and control processes, audits, as well as research and analysis.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Very good working hours
- Supportive work environment by Management
- Training and Development
- Experienced Management team
- Hybrid Work environment
- Prepare working papers to support corporate tax and information returns and complete tax forms and supporting documentation for these returns on a timely basis
- Prepare and/or review working papers to support filing of the premium tax, monthly provincial sales tax and monthly and annual indirect commodity tax returns
- Assist with US and UK compliance requirements, including FBAR filings, review of FATCA and CRS forms, VAT, etc.
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provisions as required
- Requisition all installments, and payments for taxes, on a timely basis
- Prepare working papers for current and deferred tax on a quarter and annual basis including return to tax provision/assessment
- Prepare the year end and interim financial statement tax notes and supporting documentation as required
- Manage the process for annual External tax audit and other audits by tax authorities, including the preparation of working papers, analysis and supporting documentation to respond to auditors on a timely basis
- Manage the international tax audit regarding annual contemporaneous transfer pricing documentation
- Research, analyze and provide recommendations on a variety of legislative and regulatory Canadian and U.S. federal and provincial/state income tax, policyholder tax, commodity and retail sales tax issues. Some co-ordination with outside consultants may be required.
- Assist with tax structuring
- Prepare tax cash flow and budgeting analysis
- Keep abreast of changes in tax legislation and analyze the impact of those changes to capitalize on changes in tax legislation.
- Conduct and present tax research.
- Understand changes to financial reporting standards and analyze the impact for tax filings purposes, including impact of IFRS 17
- Respond to internal tax related queries from other cross functional areas and/or senior management
- University degree in Business
- In-depth tax course or equivalent
- 5-7 years progressive post graduate experience in insurance taxation
$120,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #390766
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.