About the Opportunity
- Prepared income tax provisions and annual corporate tax returns
- Completion of tax reconciliations and other tax accounting transactions.
- Ensure tax balance sheet accruals are properly stated and timely reconciled
- Identify tax saving opportunities and provide analysis to VP Tax
- Monitor and analyze proposed or recently enacted legislation, regulations and court cases to determine and quantify the relevant cash flow and effective tax rate consequences
- Develop, implement and explain tax planning strategies
- Ensure that all country specific government reporting and regulatory requirements are met
- Lead tax audits to minimize assessments within the constraint of the factual situation and tax law, regulations and rulings
- University degree with a CPA designation
- 7 + years of progressive experience with a tax department of a multinational organization
- Financial reporting and compliance & thorough understanding of tax accounting guidelines
- Extensive understanding of relevant tax legislation, corporate tax compliance and planning
- Ability to effectively work with complex legal and tax structures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective communication skills and presentation abilities
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #388965.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.