About the Company
Our client is a tax, accounting, and consulting firm. They are looking for a Tax Manager who will work at a variety of levels and in a variety of industries such as Investments, high net worth individuals, owner-managed businesses, cross-border work, and more.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Summer Friday’s off and Short Friday’s all year long (3PM end)
- Opportunity for growth and exposure to working with a range of industry groups and clients
- Mentorship programs offering a company wide “open door” policy
- Collaborative environment – everyone has a say in the company’s success!
- Frequent outings as a firm (Trip to Blue Mountain, Holiday Parties, Bowling, Baseball, etc…)
- Telus/ Bell Friends and Family discounted phone Plan
- Hot lunch provided once a week
- Work closely with senior team member and partners in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives and in the development and implementation of long term tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Collaborate with Tax Partners and other senior staff; actively identifying, evaluating and resolving tax risks and exposures.
- Manage a vast array of clients and overseeing multiple client engagements across various industries.
- Communicate and liaise with tax authorities and clients with matters concerning tax audits, appeals and tax positions.
- Prepare and review personal, corporate, trust and partnership tax returns along with other tax information forms and also preparing various tax election forms.
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis.
- Develop and implement tax strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities and documenting these tax strategies in memos or client letters.
- Manage tax compliance and consulting engagements and advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies, where applicable.
- Proactively resolve tax related issues with clients and other staff members through direct contact with clients, researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters.
- Contribute to client satisfaction by developing strong client relationships and providing them with quality, timely and responsive services and work products.
- Discuss complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management.
- Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients.
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations.
- Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
- Review tax provisions, corporate tax filings, and information returns prepared by junior accountants.
- Coordinate and review the preparation of tax provisions and related financial statement disclosures for cross-border operations by ensuring accurate and timely reporting of tax liabilities, deferred tax assets/liabilities, and tax reserves in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- Conduct research and analysis to assess the impact of tax law changes on the organization's cross-border activities and provide proactive recommendations.
- Stay abreast of changes in international tax laws, regulations, and emerging trends.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on tax developments and applying them in practical situations
- 5+ years of recent work experience in public accounting, within the Tax function (ie. Tax consulting)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Completion of the In-depth Tax Program or in final year of In-depth Tax Program
$120,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #383725
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.