About the Company
Our client is large financial services client. They are looking for a Tax Manager who will be responsible for managing the overall tax function of the company in an efficient manner. This position is accountable for overseeing a team of tax professionals to ensure timely and accurate tax provision and compliance process and to provide tax research and tax consulting.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Fun outgoing team
- Team-oriented culture
- Excellent work life balance
- Work from home culture
- Manage the timeliness, integrity and accuracy of tax reporting including the review of journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis and monthly tax provisions.
- Responsible for the review and co-ordination of timely and accurate filing of all tax returns including corporate income, commodity, premium and sales tax.
- Research, analyze and recommend relevant tax requirements as issues arise.
- Provide tax expertise and support to internal business areas and cross-functional projects and recommend possible solutions.
- Assist with tax planning and related risks management.
- Help identify, support and implement opportunities for improving tax accounting and operational efficiencies.
- Manage, lead and develop the tax team. Provide support, direction and training
- CPA, CA designation
- In-depth tax course is an asset.
- 7+ of tax experience (preferably within the financial services industry)
- 1 to 2 years of management experience is an asset.
- Advanced strong knowledge of Canadian corporate income tax, indirect taxes and tax accounting.
$115,000 - $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 366014
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.