About the Company
Our client is a global CPG company and they are currently seeking a Tax Manager who will provide a broad range of exposure as it relates to corporate tax planning.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work with one of the leading CPG companies in North America
- Strong development opportunities and ability to lead a high caliber team
- Fantastic employee retention and culture of promoting from within
About the Opportunity
- Manage corporate tax attribute estimates including the safe income calculation, ACB and surplus tracking for foreign affiliates; analyze, recommend and prepare foreign affiliate elections.
- Conduct quarterly and annual review of foreign affiliate income, FAPI, loan balances and excluded property assessment for all foreign affiliates.
- Lead strategic initiatives, such as internal reorganizations, repatriations, M&A, holding structure and financing arrangements, working closely with Global Finance, Corporate Development, Treasury, Legal, and other tax team members.
- Establish and document audit-ready file to support tax planning (e.g., internal memos and other documentation); assist with government tax audits and responses to queries as required.
- Assist and support other members the tax team for interest rate studies, credit ratings, and filing positions (e.g., Canadian tax analysis for Canadian and foreign transactions).
- Assess impact (at local entity and consolidated level) of changes in global and local country tax legislation and recommend actions to address the impact.
- 5-8 years of Canadian multi-national / international tax compliance and planning experience in a national accounting firm, and/or in the tax department of a multi-national Canadian corporation.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and tax reporting (IFRS, US GAAP)
$120,000 to $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #330031.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.