About the Company
Our client acquires, strengthens, and grows vertical market software companies to ensure they become leaders in their industry. They have expertise in various geographical markets and how to operate business around the globe. They are currently seeking a Tax Manager to take on a mix between M&A diligence and M&A structuring, as well as compliance work for Canadian entities, and provision under IFRS.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Fantastic role with a rapidly growing portfolio within the company
- Part of one of the fastest growing best performing companies on the TSX over the last 10+ years
- Work for a great boss who is an excellent mentor with lots of tax support internally
- Opportunity to move up very quickly
- Good hours/work life balance
About the Opportunity
- Act as an advisor to our global finance teams in matters such as tax compliance, structuring, transfer pricing, etc.
- Ensure corporate income tax returns are accurately completed and timely filed across all international entities
- Review and perform quality assurance of quarterly current and deferred tax provisions and calculations for financial reporting, including the recognition of tax effects on various transactions and events.
- Assist in tax research and planning assignments incorporating tax laws of multiple North American and foreign jurisdictions; including, but not limited to, basis calculations.
- Interface with tax authorities, including assisting in the coordination of tax audits and preparation of responses.
- Conduct tax due diligence as part of the M&A process including identifying risks, mitigating factors, and overall tax structuring advice.
- Participate in the integration of new acquisitions, including roll out of tax compliance processes, corporate financial systems, reporting requirements, and governance standards.
- Conduct situational assessments, identify gaps, make recommendations, and direct the implementations of such changes as required to improve tax planning and compliance.
- Train and coach finance teams across all companies to ensure they are equipped to be tax compliant.
- Keep abreast of the latest tax developments and issues that impact the organization such as changes in legislation, court decisions, rulings, etc.
- First year tax manager from the firm or equivalent from industry
- Provision experience under IFRS
- M&A tax experience is a strong asset
- Transfer pricing is a strong asset
$110,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29508.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.