About the Company
Our client is a full service firm located in the GTA, providing accounting, assurance, tax and advisory services who desire to create value and leave a legacy. They are looking for a Tax Manager to assist with managing the tax practice of the firm.
Why Work Here
- Excellent culture offering a great deal of team building, social activities and opportunities for career growth
- Managing Partner is a dynamic leader and has really grown the firm during their time in the leadership role
About the Opportunity
- Offer tax compliance services and work closely with Partners and Principals to provide innovative tax planning ideas to a variety of clients
- Tax lead on small and medium sized client engagements
- Pro-actively coordinate with the US Tax Team when US tax filings are required
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business as it relates to a particular area or assignment
- Plan and organize the tax team as required for preparation of tax returns, and conduct, document and present tax research
- Research tax issues and present conclusions to the shareholder or manager
- Provide daily guidance and coaching, and develop the tax knowledge of more junior tax team members
- In depth or MTax
- 5-10 years of experience in public accounting practice with a specialization in tax, preparing and reviewing personal, corporate and trust returns, estate tax planning, corporate reorganizations and dispute resolution
- Proven strong project management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work with and meet tight deadlines
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #28500.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.