About the Company
Our client is one of the top five leading banks in Canada and is experiencing continuous growth. They are looking for a Tax Manager who will be responsible for Canadian income tax compliance, financial reporting matters and audits for Canadian entities.
- Competitive compensation with bonus
- Potential for internal advancement
- Great work/life balance
- Collaborative and supportive team
About the Opportunity
- Manage tax accounting and reporting for income tax matters for business planning and forecasting purposes for certain entities as assigned
- Assist in shareholder disclosures and capital reporting/analysis
- Review current/future tax provision, effective tax rate analysis and tax journal entries for the assigned entities
- Manage all aspects of the tax compliance functions including income tax returns, tax installment payments and tax audits for the assigned entities
- Assist in tax planning and advisory initiatives
- Update the SOX and standard operating procedure documentations and execute/ensure that the assigned entities/processes are SOX compliant
- Interact with Finance and business segments to improve processes and reporting systems as they relate to income taxes
- Supervise and mentor staff
- 5+ years of proven income tax experience including tax accounting and tax compliance
- Experience from the Financial Services industry or from a public accounting firm with Financial Services clients
- Proven communication, negotiation and organizational skills
$100,000 - $105,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27296.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.