About the Company
Our client is a software company. They are looking for a Tax Manager to be an integral part of the tax department and will have the opportunity to work on value-added projects including M&A and Canadian tax planning.
Why Work Here
- High growth portfolio that could double in size over the next 2 years which creates a straight line opportunity to move up to Director and beyond
- 100% virtual role
- Fantastic opportunities for growth
About the Opportunity
- Preparation of Canadian corporate income tax returns and work papers for the group.
- Prepare Canadian and International tax provision workbooks as part of our quarterly financial reporting process.
- Communication with Canada Revenue Agency and provincial tax authorities.
- Participate in tax due diligence as it relates to our Canadian-based acquisitions and work with tax advisors where needed on any international deals.
- Assist with integration of Canadian and international acquisitions and communicating with seller's representatives.
- Being part of a team to determine the most relevant Canadian and international corporate structure for tax purposes.
- Researching and advising on various Canadian corporate tax matters.
- Various other Canadian corporate tax projects.
- Assist with transfer pricing entries and work closely with our transfer pricing consultants to provide the support needed for them to complete transfer pricing studies.
- Government Subsidy Management.
- Work with our consultants to provide data needed for them to complete studies.
- Taxable Income Forecasting; Pro-active planning to maximize tax opportunities.
- Be a liaison with external tax consultants and internal finance teams for international tax filings
- CPA, CA, CGA, CMA or nearing completion
- 3+ years of experience working within the Canadian tax function of a large corporation or a public accounting firm.
- Experience with Canadian tax preparation software (Taxprep) in connection with corporate income tax filing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
$100,000 - $110,00/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 333141.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role