About the Company
Our client is in the import/export business, and they are looking to hire a Systems Administrator.
About the Opportunity
- The Systems Administrator will administer and support the Information Systems infrastructure. This comes in the form of IT Systems Administration, hands-on handling escalations, liaising with vendors and service providers, and working on special projects
- Examples of daily activities include configuring VPN tunnels and firewalls, creating Windows server VMs, administering Azure infrastructure, and MS365 environment,
- The environment is a mixture of on prem (60%) and Azure (40%)
- 90% of staff are currently working remotely, connected via client-side VPN
- There are various branch locations in the GTA (5-30 users per branch) who are connected via VPN or site to site MPLS
- The position will also administer Cisco and Checkpoint LAN/WAN gear
- Support is primarily for internal staff (275 users total)
- There could be some external application triaging support for applications
- The remainder of the work (50%) would be project related, including migrating environment to cloud, MS end point protection/in-tune, eliminating WAN connections to branches, assisting with site-to-site VPN
- Minimum five (5) years direct experience in systems and network administration environment
- Required Knowledge and 5 years of experience in: Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365, MS Exchange Online
- Experience with routers/switches (Cisco preferred)
- Experience with firewalls (Checkpoint preferred)
- Expertise in virtualization, in particular VMware vSphere ESXi.
- Expertise in cloud computing, in particular MS Azure or AWS.
- Awareness of optimal cyber security best practices (firewall policies)
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written is required
- Computer Science Degree or Diploma
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exposure to Cisco switches, Check Point firewalls
- Exposure to Linux environment
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 347595
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.