About the Company
Our client is a voice and data telecommunication solutions provider, and they are looking for a Remote Full-Time System Maintenance Developer
About the Opportunity
- The Systems Maintenance Developer is part of the Core Development team. It is a combination of systems support, Linux system administration and software development
- 70% of the day will consist of troubleshooting/correcting system faults and responding to trouble tickets from the support team
- 30% of the day will consist of developing new applications and software updates into the production environment (server/Docker farms)
- This role will also assist with retiring obsolete applications
- There are a mixture of applications that this role will support
- 7+ years Linux system administration experience
- Proven experience supporting and developing in a Linux environment to implement systems and services, including good knowledge of system maintenance, developing/maintaining a plan to keep operating systems and applications up to date
- 3+ years software development experience (Ability to work in Python, PHP, Perl, and Bash scripting with a focus on modern Python 3.x practices and pickup new languages as required)
- Working knowledge of SQL (maintain db, deploy and maintain MySQL servers) and able to build Docker containers or development tools like Visual Studio Code
- Experience working with two or more from the following: distributed/parallel systems, enterprise integration, web application development, network software, service-oriented architecture, web services
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Dev-ops pipeline development in Gitlab
- Understanding of Kubernetes and Cloud Services
- Understanding of Python application frameworks such as FastAPI, Flask
- Understanding of PHP application frameworks such as Laravel
- You are able to travel to the Cambridge, ON head office for critical meetings
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 30764.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.