About the Company
Our client is a growing real estate management company. This firm is well-positioned for success and is a great opportunity to grow professionally through great mentorship. They are looking for a Supervisor, Property Accounting to join their finance team to provide timely financial reports for properties managed by the company.
About the Opportunity
- Ensure monthly financial reports are delivered and all accounting records are kept up to date within guidelines
- Assist with auditors’ requirements
- Prepare annual budgets and assists Property Managers in completion of annual budgets
- Assist in the accounting of property acquisitions and dispositions and participate in the due diligence and preparation of statement of adjustment and post closing adjustment phases
- Prepare year-end CAM & Tax recoveries
- Track capital costs and amortization thereof
- Prepare audit working papers
- Support the property administration staff in the financial management of their properties
- Efficient and effective communication, in a professional manner, with all employees and clients
- Supervise Property Accountants, handle all aspects of training, development, and continuous improvement of staff, processes, and procedures
- Perform ongoing performance management for subordinates and seek opportunities for their development and advancement
- Mentor Property Accountants in full accounting cycle on a monthly basis
- CPA or CPA In Progress is an asset
- Minimum 4 years of experience and ideally at the Senior Property Accountant level in Real Estate industry
- Yardi experience is an asset
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27414.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.