About the Company
Our client is a provincial professional association. They are looking for a Standards Enforcement Officer who will be responsible for leading preliminary investigations of complaints of professional misconduct, providing technical and investigative assistance on confidential and sensitive regulatory matters as well as collaborating with others to enhance the team’s digitalization efforts.
Why Work Here
- Very flexible working arrangement.
- Autonomy to work at your own pace while taking ownership of your work.
- Work is interesting and complex
About the Opportunity
- Leading preliminary investigations of complaints of professional misconduct made against members, students and firms. This includes communicating (verbally and in writing), with complainants and respondents to gather sufficient and appropriate information and supporting documentation about complaints.
- Providing technical accounting and assurance subject matter expertise on preliminary investigations of complaints of professional misconduct made against members, students and firms.
- Reviewing materials provided by the parties to a complaint, conducting research, and developing risk-adjusted case plans to gather and process evidence and to assess whether a breach of the Code of Professional Conduct or, as applicable, Student Code of Conduct, may have occurred.
- Preparing reports and related document briefs that will be relied upon by the Director, Standards Enforcement and/or the Professional Conduct Committee in carrying out its respective mandates.
- Leading and/or participating in special projects and initiatives and liaising with other areas of the organization in support of the organization’s strategic and/or regulatory priorities.
- Participating in committees, working groups and task forces on matters related to or impacting the Code of Professional Conduct or the operations of the Standards Enforcement department.
- Experienced in public accounting within a regulatory or compliance environment
- Experience in investigative or forensic accounting is an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #324061.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.