The Sr. Payroll and Benefits Administrator will coordinate payroll processing and administration to ensure accurate and timely payments to employees. This will be achieved by establishing and maintaining an effective schedule of payroll runs that meets legal, contractual and administrative guidelines. In addition to providing leadership and guidance to Payroll staff regarding technical and procedural issues, the Sr. Payroll and Benefits Administrator will also act as the go to individual for team members to help answer questions and resolve concerns or issues in accordance with company's principles and values
About the Opportunity
- Oversees and ensures timely distribution of time sheets, pay statements and paid hours report to appropriate personnel
- Monitors and updates all leave banks within the system
- Monitors timesheets for completeness and accuracy
- Responds to employee queries regarding leave balances and/or issues related to the time and attendance within the HCM.
- Calculate, update and balance employees” entitlement (vacation, Sick, Personnel Leave) etc.
- Review of payroll functions including all new hires, terminations and employee changes that impact payroll.
- Answer complex questions related to employee payroll enquiries
- Prepares submissions and performs monthly reconciliations for employee benefits including group benefits, pension plan, EHT and WSIB.
- Provides quarterly reports to the Finance Manager for board reports.
- Oversee the determination of payroll liabilities by calculating employees’ income, and sources deduction including taxes.
- Review, edits and makes corrections and adjustment as needed to system outputs
- Oversees the administration of benefits plans for all employees, including enrolment, updates and terminations.
- Oversight of benefit related issues in regard to deductions and status changes with current employees, and resolution of benefit queries in the absence of the Payroll Administrator
- Subject matter expert on Ultipro software
- Responsible for the oversight and maintenance of the payroll component of the Ultipro software
- Responsible to implement any necessary changes to the Ultipro software re: employee changes, benefits, pensions, etc
- Key Payroll contact with Ultipro Software
- Review current payroll process, recommend, and implement changes to increase efficiencies
- Establishes appropriate procedures regarding the request for information from employees, managers and external areas
- Works with areas such as HR to develop/improve Payroll policies and procedures
- Adheres to the organization’s Vision, Mission, and Values and its goals as outlined in its strategic plan.
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures
- Is familiar with pertinent provincial legislative that includes: Mental Health Act, Health Consent Act, PHIPA, the Substitute Decisions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, and Ontario Human Rights Code
- Assist the Finance Manager in the development and implementation of agency compensation, budget and forecast
- Prepares benefit journal entries for payroll – for input to financial statement
- Performs year-end reconciliations of accounts to General Ledger
- Assists with the processing and reconciliation of T4 and T4A
- Reporting to Finance and HR as required
- Engages in professional activities that promote the Vision, Mission and Values of the organization
- Maintains current knowledge of Current payroll and benefits related legislation, employment standards, WSIB, Human Rights code, health and safety, etc.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Finance Manager
- Regularly updates professional knowledge through educational events, workshops, and profession related reading and training
- Follows program guidelines and the Client Safety Framework to promote the safety of clients
- Follows all health and safety policies and procedures as per our Health & Safety Program
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner Designation (Required)
- Certified Payroll Manager Designation (Preferred)
- College Diploma or University degree in accounting (Required)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the following:
- Processing a full complex payroll cycle from beginning to end in addition to benefit and payroll administration, T4 and reconciliation preparation
- Working within a comprehensive HRIS/HCM for payroll, time and attendance; proficiency with Ultimate Software (Ulti-pro) an asset
- Administration of WSIB, EHT and other government reporting
- Excellent computer skills required, including Microsoft Office, and excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Superior organization, time management, diplomacy, and planning skills.
- Strong process, detail, communication and customer service skills
- Analytical thinker who is able to create regular and adhoc reports using Excel
- Able to work autonomously and effectively managing several files at once
- Team player and able to collaborate with human resources staff providing timely information on new hires, various employee leaves, administered STD program and other enquiries
- Excellent problem solving/judgement skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively and respectfully respond and resolve pay, benefit/pension, balances and paid time off enquiries via email and telephone
- A second language reflecting the local community is preferred
$61,500 - $72,300/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #301085
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.