About the Company
Our client is a non-profit organization in the Canadian broadcasting industry. They are looking for a Solutions Developer with a passion for responsive front-end and robust back-end development. This important role provides support, development, and strategic solutions to various areas of the business.
About the Opportunity
- Design, develop and maintain new and existing software applications and systems
- Write clean, maintainable and elegant product code
- Participate in architecture, data modeling and code reviews and ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Present analysis, design and architectural approach to management
- Work in partnership with the project delivery team to ensure the applications add value to the organization, are stable and integrate logically within an estimated project scope
- Document the high-level functional and low-level technical specifications of the design solution following all standards and procedures, including UML specifications where required
- Perform thorough unit and integration tests for applications prior to QA hand off and work closely with the team to analyze, debug and resolve issues
- Estimate level of effort, participate in planning activities, evaluate new technology, offer suggestions to improve processes
- Drive brainstorming meetings to solve problems and finalize designs
- Stay current in technical knowledge and software development practices
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics or statistics
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Knowledge of performance, memory, concurrency and threading issues
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology, DevOps and software development process (SDLC)
- Knowledge of user interface design, data modeling, and use of UML
- Positive attitude, desire to collaborate, and ability to communicate effectively with others
- Experience with Drupal framework is an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26387.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.