We are looking for a Software Engineering Lead who will lead a small team of developers on an engineering/R&D team. A successful candidate will use their automation and development experience to lead a team of developers, develop high standards for development projects, contribute with hands-on development, schedule and monitor all development projects, and be responsible to grow the team as needed.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about development, be hands-on, able to work in teams while also leading multiple engineering and automation development efforts.
This role is located Downtown Toronto and is a full time position.
About the Opportunity
- Provide leadership to establish best practices for engineering/R&D team
- Coordinate the efforts of a team of engineers to provide the project deliverables for a number of engineering services projects running in parallel
- Provide code review and technical guidance for team members
- Develop and maintain functional and regression tests to ensure code is functioning as designed
- Develop and maintain repeatable and scalable dev processes
- 10+ years’ experience working with full Software Development Life Cycle
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile software development processes
- 2+ years’ experience leading development teams
- Strong hands-on development experience with Python (or Java is acceptable as well)
- Comprehensive experience with SQL and non-SQL databases such as mysql and MongoDB
- Exposure to building microservices and web services, APIs
- Exposure to Flask is a plus
- Proven experience managing development environments (eg code management, branching, etc)
$100,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24509.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.