About the Company
Our client is a manufacturing company with a corporate office in midtown Toronto. They are looking to hire a Server/Network Administrator.
About the Opportunity
- Perform a wide range of system and network administration duties including; installation, configuration, debugging, maintenance and evaluation, testing and deployment of upgrades to the networking infrastructure (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points, Voice and VPN Gateways, etc.) and virtual servers (Windows)
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices and services using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and adherence to required Service Level Agreements
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all network platforms
- Manage & troubleshoot all network related service interruptions impacting LAN, Wi-Fi, MPLS, Internet, VPN or other connectivity types throughout the organization
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis
- Respond to assigned Service Desk tickets, ensuring timely feedback and closure
- Provide escalated support to assist the Service Desk and Systems Administrators in resolving issues
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all network devices, processes and procedures
- Identify, analyze, diagnose, research and resolve technical problems for individuals and groups in an efficient manner, recognizing the proper course of action to take, communicating and escalating severe issues as appropriate
- Available to work after hours and weekends as required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or engineering
- Network Routing Switching or Security Certifications is an asset
- 7+ years of proven hands-on experience managing, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving network connectivity, stability and performance issues
- Proven experience designing, implementing and managing secure data and voice networks.
- Proven experience designing, implementing and managing IP voice networks
- Expert knowledge of networking technologies, including; TCP/IP, VLAN’s, Ethernet, switching, firewalls, routing and routing protocols (BGP/OSPF), DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Cisco Meraki gear is highly preferred
- Proven experience with VMware ESX and VSphere technology
- Proven experience with Windows Active Directory and DNS
- Experience with Azure and Office 365 is preferred
- Solid experience with Windows servers, including installation of new operating systems, configuration for various purposes (eg., database server, web server, etc.), and server hardening
- Expert knowledge of networking standards, protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
- Experience in the manufacturing-type environments is a big plus
$80,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29931
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.