About the Company
Our client is a market leader in alternative asset fund administration. They are currently seeking a Senior Vice President, Fund Accounting, to take on a variety of accounting, operations, team management, and client relations duties.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Culture in this group will be one of vibrancy, collaboration and positivity
- The Senior Leaders of this team are inspired to make this an atmosphere of work-hard play hard
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for leading a fund accounting and client service team for the North America Real Estate / Real Assets line of business
- Provide real estate industry knowledge and expertise to clients, as a result of active participation in private real estate organizations, work closely with Business Development, Executive Relationship Managers and Senior Management teams on marketing pitches and other client presentations
- Responsible for developing client service plans including; periodic client meetings, assessing client fund servicing needs, securing adequate resources to service the account, selecting the technology solutions best suited for the services, and negotiating contracts and fees
- Ensure services are delivered in accordance with KPIs and service level agreements, fund PPMs, authoritative accounting guidance and regulatory requirements, including monitoring the timing and quality of client deliverables, approve ad hoc client requests
- Assist with the development of onboarding and transition plans for new client integration
- Coordinate and oversee staffing, hiring, training and development of staff for FA and SSC related to your clients
- Maintain management fee accruals, revenue, and follow up on outstanding fee receivables
- Participate in Risk and Quality assurance programs specific to Real Estate offering
- Contribute to SOC 1 audits for North America
- Coordinate with Integration, Legal, Compliance, Payments, Regulatory, Financial Reporting and Tax group functions and other key services to ensure client satisfaction
- CPA Designation
- 10-15+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in Private Equity or Real Estate fund structure and accounting
- Experience specifically in real estate (REITs) or other real assets and infrastructure
- Strong understanding of fund accounting
- Yardi or Investran ERP experience is a strong asset
- Exposure to client interactions is a strong asset
$140,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29703.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.