About the Company
Our client is one of the top five leading banks in Canada. Due to growth in their Residential Mortgage Underwriting team, they have exclusively partnered with Lannick to assist in staffing out the team. We are looking to hire multiple Senior Underwriters who will strive for efficiency and make an impactful contribution.
Why Work Here
- Great culture, emphasis is placed around the customer and colleague experience
- Opportunities for advancement vertically and within other divisions
- Fully remote/work from home
About the Opportunity
- Ensure all credit decisions (approval / decline) are fulfilled on a broad range of credit products
- Provide credit support / solutions / recommendations / advice / alternative options when evaluating/analyzing credit applications for decisions
- Perform in-depth analysis of a financial position through a thorough investigation of tax returns and / or financial statements
- Prioritize and manage own workload to meet SLA requirements for service and productivity
- Provide authorization required for credit adjudication based on the Discretionary Lending limits criteria
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Provide thought leadership and/ or industry knowledge for own area of expertise in own area and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit
- Keep current on emerging trends/ developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques
- Undergraduate degree
- 3 years of Underwriting experience with residential mortgages
- Experience structuring and decisioning mortgages agreements (as opposed to reviewing only)
$70,000 - $80,000/year + excellent benefits and overall compensation
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #28537.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.