About the Company
Our client is the largest research teaching hospital, bringing together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. They are looking to hire a Treasury Manager, who will lead a highly-skilled team in strategic planning and managing operations on a wide range of banking, investment, debt, insurance and general accounting functions to ensure the organization has appropriate cash flows to support operations, safeguard assets, and ensure compliance with debt covenants.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary
About the Opportunity
- Management of daily cash and working capital requirements to support hospital operations
- Forecast short term and long term bank cash flow to optimize liquidity while maximizing the return on excess cash
- Assumes the lead role or participate on special projects requiring working capital, financing or investment, including, but not limited to:
- Development of pro-forma financial statements and cash flows
- Evaluation of impact on working capital, cash and debt covenants
- Work with stakeholders and advisors to assess strategic, market, and financial risks
- Evaluation of financial market or feasibility studies
- Preparation of financial analysis to evaluate the financial risks and options
- Preparation of formal written and oral presentations to internal and external decision maker
- Management of the organization investment portfolio ensuring compliance with investment policy, including ongoing monitoring and approval of investment manager activities and annual review of investment policy
- Report to management on the activities of the Investment Managers, including the compliance with their mandates, the investment performance of assets managed by each Investment Manager and the performance of the Fund as a whole
- Administer debt covenants compliance, coordinate annual bond rating review and lead debt planning for new initiatives
- Conduct annual various insurance renewals; work with insurance adjusters on property related insurance claims
- Stewardship over Treasury operating expenditures of $12.6 M and revenue of $3.8 M
- Report monthly Treasury Scorecard capturing bank cash balances, anti-fraudulent activities, compliance reporting, investment summary, insurance claims
- A university degree in business (or related discipline) from a recognized and accredited educational institution
- Recognized professional designations; CPA and CTP required or equivalent; CRM desirable
- A minimum of eight years relevant Treasury experience in a large complex organization
- Strong business acumen with solid experience in business management, operations, financial planning, performance measurement and budgeting functions
- Wall Street Systems Treasura and SAP (highly desirable), Microsoft Office (advanced)
- Recognized as ethical and independent, demonstrating high standards of professionalism and respect for confidentiality
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 30366.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.