About the Company
Our client is a global technology solutions company. They are looking for a Senior Tax Specialist who will be responsible for fulfilling the tax responsibilities of multiple companies, including those arising from financial/statutory reporting obligations. In addition, the Senior Tax Specialist will serve as a tax resource for the company's ongoing operations in Canada and other global jurisdictions.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Company and team is growing with tons of opportunity for career progression and development
- New position due to growth, with the expectation to lead and grow a team of global tax specialists within 2-3 years
- Gain global tax exposure in various jurisdictions and be involved in interesting work
- Assist in the preparation of the Company's income tax returns and quarterly/annual provisions for Canada and the United States (ASC 740, FAS 109, FIN 48, and FIN 18)
- Assist with global transfer pricing analysis for intercompany transactions and the use of CrossBoard Solutions on an annual and ad hoc basis to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with others on the finance team to develop and implement transfer pricing strategies to reduce the company's global effective tax rate.
- Perform tax research and analysis as necessary using BNA Bloomberg.
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliation for tax accounts and journal entries as needed.
- Communicate with tax authorities to resolve tax notices as required.
- Understand Asia Pacific and/or Latin America filings and entities to support provision work.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating tax calendar.
- Other projects as assigned.
- CPA designation
- Completion of the In-Depth Tax Program or close to completion
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive experience in Canadian Corporate Tax
- Experience with US/Global tax is an asset
$85,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 348086
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.