About the Company
Our client is a mid-sized tax, accounting and consulting firm looking to add a Senior Tax Specialist to work at a variety of levels and in a variety of industries such as real estate, high net worth individuals, owner-managed businesses and more.
Why Work Here
- Summer Fridays all year round
- Opportunity to give back through their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program
- 1:1 Career Guidance
- Generous Bonus & Commissions
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, Health Spending Account [HSA])
About the Opportunity
- Correspond with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals.
- Prepare and review personal, corporate tax returns along with other tax information forms
- Prepare various election forms
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis.
- Research tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters
- Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products
- Discuss moderately complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situation
- Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client’s tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- 3+ years of tax experience in a Professional Services firm
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Strong ability to handle multiple tax-related tasks
- Completion of any levels of the CPA in-depth tax courses an asset
$75,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 30309
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.