About the Company
Our client is a leader in the insurance industry. In this role you will have the opportunity to work for an excellent boss and develop professionally with the organization over time. They are looking for a Senior Tax Planning & Advisory Manager to be responsible for providing corporate income tax planning, M&A and reorganization tax planning and advisory services.
Why Work Here
- Great work/life balance
- Flexibility to work from home
About the Opportunity
- Assist with managing mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations and other significant special projects that are strategic in nature, to proactively ensure that the income tax implications and optimal tax treatment is appropriately assessed
- Lead broker acquisition structure and due diligence reviews for deals
- Assist with managing projects pertaining to tax legislative/judiciary interpretation changes or accounting standard changes
- Research and recommend solutions for emerging business models demonstrating an understanding of the impact to the consolidated financial operations
- Assess and manage tax credit and tax loss consolidation programs to maximize the cost-benefit
- Advise on tax implications and understanding current and emerging business requirements, needs and issues
- Lead and execute the delivery of tax consulting for budget, capital management and other special projects/requirements
- Lead and/or support in the delivery of the tax technology projects, including providing research, analysis and project management support
- Lead the compliance for all acquisitions for the transition and initial reporting period, ensuring a smooth transition into the income tax process for on-going requirements
- 5+ years of tax experience in the financial services industry
- Completed In-depth level 2 Tax Course
$90,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25203.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.