About the Company
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, our client plays a key role in North America’s advanced manufacturing supply chain. Working with top automotive, energy, packaging and construction brands, they work to develop lighter, stronger and more sustainable steel products – from cans to cars.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Global company, industry leader
- Lots of opportunity to progress with focus on employee retention and progression
- Great benefit package, including EPSP, Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
- Free access to three onsite fitness centers and our 70-acre recreation park with multiple arenas, fields and organized sports for you and your family
As the Senior Tax Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
1. Tax Compliance:
2. Tax Reporting and Documentation:
- Oversee the preparation and filing of accurate and timely tax returns at federal and provincial levels.
- Review financial data and workpapers to ensure accurate and consistent tax compliance.
3. Tax Planning:
- Prepare and maintain tax records, documentation, and files in accordance with company requirements.
- Ensure all the company tax accounts accurately reflect the company's tax positions.
4. Transfer Pricing:
- Develop and implement tax strategies that optimize our tax position while ensuring compliance with local tax laws.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in tax laws and regulations to proactively identify opportunities and risks.
5. Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A):
- Manage and maintain the company's transfer pricing policies and documentation to ensure compliance with global transfer pricing regulations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish and monitor intercompany pricing agreements.
6. Tax Risk Management:
- Provide tax due diligence and analysis for potential M&A activities, including the assessment of tax risks and opportunities.
- Assist in structuring and integrating acquired entities to maximize tax efficiencies.
7. Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Identify and mitigate potential tax risks, working to establish internal controls and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Collaborate with internal and external audit teams to address tax-related audit inquiries.
- Collaborate with finance, legal, and other departments to provide tax guidance on various projects and initiatives.
- Communicate complex tax issues in a clear and understandable manner to non-tax professionals.
- CPA Designation
- Completion of in-depth tax course
- 5+ years of Public Accounting experience, with focus on tax planning, transfer pricing, M&A and tax compliance
$120,000 - $145,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #391701
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.