About the Company
Our client is a tax, accounting, and consulting firm. They are looking for a Senior Tax Manager who will work at a variety of levels and in a variety of industries such as investments, high net worth individuals, owner-managed businesses and more.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Summer Friday’s off and Short Friday’s all year long (3PM end)
- Opportunity for growth and exposure to working with a range of industry groups and clients
- Mentorship programs offering a company wide “open door” policy
- Collaborative environment – everyone has a say in the company’s success!
- Frequent outings as a firm (Trip to Blue Mountain, Holiday Parties, Bowling, Baseball, etc…)
- Telus/ Bell Friends and Family discounted phone Plan
- Hot lunch is provided once a week.
- Liaise with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals.
- Preparing and reviewing personal, corporate tax returns, various election forms, along with other tax information forms.
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Emphasize, educate, and execute quality and risk controls in the Tax service line
- Researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters
- Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products.
- Discuss complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management.
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations by staying abreast of changes in international tax laws, regulations, and emerging trends.
- Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
- Identify tax planning opportunities for clients.
- Collaborating with Tax Partners and other senior staff on long term strategic tax planning; actively identifying, evaluating and resolving tax risks and exposures.
- Building on technical competence by keeping up to date on tax developments and applying them in practical situations
- Review tax provisions, corporate tax filings, and information returns prepared by junior accountants.
- Coordinate and review the preparation of tax provisions and related financial statement disclosures for cross-border operations by ensuring accurate and timely reporting of tax liabilities, deferred tax assets/liabilities, and tax reserves in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- Conduct research and analysis to assess the impact of tax law changes on the organization's cross-border activities and provide proactive recommendations.
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagements and collaborate with other professionals to identify new marketplace opportunities and growth.
- Minimum of 7 years of recent work experience in public accounting, within Tax (ie. Tax consulting)
- Completion of the In-depth Tax Program or MTax degree
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (is preferred)
$170,000 - $190,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #383727
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.