About the Company
Our client is a leading company providing social ordering application services. They are currently looking for a Senior Tax Manager to take responsibility for tax planning (25-30%), projects (30-40%), with the remainder being US commodity and corporate tax compliance.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Canadian headquartered rapidly growing technology company with a global footprint
- An excellent boss who will be an excellent mentor
- Highly visible role with lots of breadth in the role itself
About the Opportunity
- Ensure the Company is compliant in all jurisdictions we operate in and develop global and local strategies, policies, procedures and controls
- Develop strategies for optimal corporate structure, available R&D and subsidy grants, intercompany agreements and loans, IP ownership, and transfer pricing between entities
- Perform legal research, monitor regulatory developments and communicate these to senior management and Finance team in order to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation
- Assist with the review of revenue & partnership contracts and collaborate with internal teams to ensure contracts contain key terms consistent with the Company’s global tax structure
- Manage the global tax provision calculation and deferred tax analysis, including supporting the Controller with any tax items for financial statement audits
- Lead the Avalara system implementation to automate our sales tax calculations and return filing in the US
- Manage global tax agency audits including but not limited to income tax audits, sales tax audits
- Support transfer pricing analysis and calculations for intercompany transactions, including data gathering for transfer pricing reports
- Advise on tax strategy and planning for other areas of our business (stock options, global mobility, transactions, etc.)
- Effectively communicate complex tax concepts, tax planning structures, and tax risks to the business
- Analyze new business initiatives (such as new revenue streams, fees, product lines) including reviewing revenue agreements with our partners and customers, for both their financial reporting and tax implications and provide recommendations to internal finance, launch, and operations teams
- Work closely with the Head of Finance to complete all international compliance requirements for our entities and ensure we’re participating in available subsidy and grant programs globally
- Tax Manager from firm or industry
- CPA Designation (CA preferred, CMA's, CGA's also accepted)
- Domestic tax, international, or M&A experience
- Experience in Manager-level positions, with strong communication skills
- In-depth tax course is nice to have
- Commodity tax experience is nice to have
$120,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29864.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.