About the Company
Our client is one of the largest public accounting and advisory firms in Canada. They are looking to add a Senior Tax Manager to their team. As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for tax planning, M&A transactions, deals, personal and corporate planning as well as technical research.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity to work in a large mid-sized firm where the firms emphasis is on tax
- Excellent culture in this firm, long tenure
- New role due to growth
About the Opportunity
- Assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients
- Prepare written reports as required for various assignments such as tax compliance, tax consulting, objections or appeals
- Assist with tax mergers and acquisition assignments including: due diligence, acquisition structuring, sale of business planning
- Tax compliance: review personal, corporate, and trust tax returns
- Perform research on complex tax issues and writing memoranda on findings to privately held businesses and high net worth individuals
- Engage in discussions and correspondence with various tax authorities to explain positions taken by clients and to determine reasons for assessed amounts
- Plan, consult on, and implement tax reorganizations and estate plans
- Create and implement post mortem tax planning
- Liaise with partners, clients, and client counsel to create and implement tax and estate planning strategies
- Serve as a technical resource for staff and provide suggestions for resolving technical issues
- Mentor and coach professional staff throughout the year and provide support and development to advance their careers
- Write external publications and blog posts and other memoranda
- CICA In-Depth tax program or completed a Masters of Taxation program
- Accounting Designation
- 5 years’ practical experience in public practice
$130,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28603.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.