About the Company
Our client is a developer and owner of utility-scale solar energy projects. They are looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to be part of the Global Tax & Regulatory Compliance team
Why Work Here
- Very entrepreneurial and fast-paced
- Lots of exposure to international tax policies around the world
- Work-hard, play-hard environment
- Company celebrates their success together
About the Opportunity
- Ensure timely compliance with the applicable tax laws for SkyPower’s entities operating Globally.
- Preparing and reviewing U.S. corporate and partnership tax returns (5471, 8858)
- Monthly/Quarterly/Annual tax provision and financial statement disclosure review including co-ordination with internal teams and external consultants
- Annual tax return filings review including co-ordination with internal teams and external consultants
- Reconciliation and maintenance of income tax accounts including deferred/current taxes for internal and regulatory reporting purposes
- Assessment of uncertain tax positions including documentation and computation.
- Perform tax research to assist in determining appropriate filing and accounting positions
- Developing/executing strategies to improve overall tax efficiency for the company
- Lead external and internal audits while assessing tax exposures
- Provide high value-added consulting to both the local and global business partners
- Continually review existing processes and implementing/supporting changes and process improvements to increase efficiencies while complying with internal control protocols
- Experience in Transfer Pricing is an asset, along with focus on Emerging Nations
- 3+ years in public accounting/industry with thorough knowledge of Canadian federal tax law, International Tax with focus in India and other emerging nations
- Experience in US corporate tax, or international tax is a strong asset
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #283563.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.