About the Company
Our client is a leading expert in the insurance industry. They are looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to provide support with the preparation of all income and commodity tax provisions and returns as well as assisting with tax audits.
About the Opportunity
- Prepare all quarterly and annual corporate income and commodity tax provisions
- Prepare annual return and supporting schedules for all related companies
- Complete tax investment schedules including the preparation of the Canadian Investment Funds
- Prepare financial statement disclosure requirements
- Complete all tax reporting requirements to Head Office Group Tax
- Maintain the income tax and commodity tax continuity schedules and tax rate table
- Coordinate the corporate tax installment remittances process
- Participate in Tax Compliance and Governance projects as required
- Assist and collaborate with other departments on tax related special projects as required
- Assist with the continuous development of process improvements and automation to the tax compliance process
- Perform research and analysis independently to support tax positions
- Provide technical support to ensure compliance with federal and provincial and applicable foreign and domestic tax laws and regulations
- Provide assistance in annual external audit/government tax audit queries
- Maintain organized audit ready files with appropriate documentation that are fully referenced and supported
- 3-5 years post accounting designation experience in tax
- Enrolled in CICA In-depth tax course (completed courses are an asset)
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Taxprep software
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25185.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.