About the Company
Our client is a successful and growing public accounting firm. They are looking to add a Senior Staff Accountant to their finance team. This role is responsible for the planning and execution of compilation, review and audit assurance engagements either individually or in a team environment.
Why Work Here
- Very reasonable hours during the busy season
- Great tight knit group, very good culture
- Promotion based on merit
- Successful firm, company nearly doubled in size in the last few years
About the Opportunity
- Planning and execution of compilation, review and audit assurance engagements including initial and ongoing discussions with the clients, preparation of planning section with detailed budgets, analysis with documentation and conclusions for each financial statement item and drafting of financial statements with the required note disclosures
- Prepare corporate and personal income tax returns
- Tax planning with owner managed clients including determination of optimum remuneration
- Supervise and train junior staff on larger assignments involving a team of professionals
- Research of accounting, audit or taxation issues
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- Small-mid size firm experience or Private Company Services from Big 4
- 2-3 years of public practice experience with tax/NTR experience (strong assets)
$70,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 30471.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.