About the Company
Our client is a leading accounting and consulting firm servicing individuals and corporations alike. They are currently looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to take on a hybrid role of developing Notice to Readers (NTRs) and assurance engagements, amongst other related duties.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Strong and positive workplace culture
- Opportunity to grow with an expanding company and team
About the Opportunity
- In concert with the Manager and Partner, complete (90%) NTR and (10%) assurance engagements
- Ensure that all procedures are completed in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures and that all queries and issues are satisfactorily resolved
- Work with Manager and/or Partner to complete engagements including all aspects of planning and completion sections for all engagements within an expanded group structure
- Prepare complete working paper file sections including planning and completion of audits and reviews
- Prepare financial statements and notes
- Prepare corporate and personal tax returns
- Communicate with Managers, Partners and clients on progress and delivery timelines; prepare engagement budgets and monitors efficiencies
- Use knowledge to identify issues and opportunities; suggest alternatives and implements plans; prepare recommendations to management where appropriate
- Maintain independence and communicates possible independence issues as they arise
- Canadian Public Accounting experience
- 2+ years of Canadian Public Accounting experience (ideally 3-5 years of experience)
- Strong NTR's experience
- Polished/ good communication skills
- Strong corporate and personal tax base is a valuable asset
$75,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29590.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.