About the Company
Our client is a growing accounting firm. They are looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to plan, execute and finalize audit and review engagements ensuring compliance with Canadian Auditing and Review standards.
Why Work Here
- Very good culture that is positive and team-oriented
About the Opportunity
- Plan, execute and finalize audit and review engagements ensuring compliance with Canadian Auditing and Review standards
- Ensure financial statements and note disclosures are in accordance with Canadian generally accepted accounting principles (including ASPE and IFRS)
- Review work performed by junior and intermediate team members for larger assurance engagements.
- Prepare corporate income tax returns
- Collaborate with the tax department on client tax planning opportunities
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients including communication to arrange timing of year-end inventory counts, interim, and year-end fieldwork
- Provide effective leadership, mentorship and skills development that support the values of the organization
- Develop appropriate knowledge, skills and competence consistent with CPA professional development requirements
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- 2-3 years of experience in a public accounting firm dealing with smaller private clients
- Experience with ASPE
- Proficiency with CaseWare
$75,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 30458.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.